Havana Nights | Blue Oak School Auction 2016
Live Auction Lots
Updated | 03.21.16
Live Lot #10, The Incredible Race, Experience Napa Valley, has four of its coveted 15 spots remaining! Please scroll down to see the full description of this exciting family adventure lot. Contact Lucia Villasana directly at email@example.com if your family would like to secure one of those remaining spots for $1500 per family.
We also have a handful of super silent buy-a-spots available for two student-centric lots. There are 5 spots available for the Lower School Pajama and Movie Night lot, and 20 spots for the Occupy Middle School lot—both occurring Friday, May 13, 6–9pm, at a bid of $25 per student. Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see the full descriptions of these opportunities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and/or to secure your spot. Thanks again to our faculty for their generosity in allowing us to offer these lots to our families and friends!
Live Lot #1 | SOLD
Blue Oak School Family Magnums
- Arietta, 2012 Merlot, Hudson Vineyards, 1.5L
- Buccella, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, 1.5L
- Chiarello Family Vineyards, 2007 Roux Old Vine Petite Sirah, Napa Valley, 1.5L
- Dana Estates, 2009 Onda D'Oro Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, 1.5L
- Favia Erickson Winegrowers, 2011 Favia Cerro Sur Napa Valley Red Wine, 1.5L
- Four Cairn Vineyard, Syrah, St. Helena, 1.5L
- Judd's Hill, 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, 1.5L
- Meteor Vineyard, 2012 Special Family Reserve Cabernet, Napa Valley, 1.5L
- Morlet Family Vineyards, 2007 Coup De Coeur Chardonnay, Sonoma County, 1.5L
- O'Shaughnessy Estate Winery, 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon, Mount Veeder, 1.5L
- Pahlmeyer, 2008 Proprietary Red, Napa Valley, 1.5L
- Patz and Hall, 2012 Hyde Vineyard Pinot Noir, Carneros, Napa Valley, 1.5L
- Renteria, 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley Stag's Leap District, 1.5L
- Vine Hill Ranch, 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon, Oakville, 1.5L
Blue Oak School — its faculty, families and friends — is Napa Valley. Our children, the students of this wonderful school, inspire us every day to nurture their learning and growth as we tend to our vineyards, wineries, restaurants, bakeries, hotels, and our way of life. We invite you to experience an exclusive collection of meaningful magnums from Blue Oak School families, past and present. A complete list of these wines is available in the addendum to the catalog.
Donors: Blue Oak School Current and Alumni Families
Live Lot #2 | SOLD
¡Vamos de Viaje! Costa del Sol, Spain
- Seven-night stay for two guests on the Spanish Riviera in Villacaña, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Resort includes Spanish-style gourmet restaurants, golf courses, shopping, skin diving, wind-surfing,
jet-skiing, water-skiing, horseback-riding, and scenic drives
- Valid March 19, 2016 to March 19, 2017
Spain’s 80-mile Costa del Sol conjures up centuries of rich historic images: conquerors, religious invasions, Moors, palaces, and wars. Today it’s better known for its magnificent Mediterranean beaches. With Malaga to the north and Gibraltar to the south, Villacaña sits on the coastline between Marbella and Estepoña and is a perfect headquarters to relax and explore the surrounding elegant resorts, which were once humble fishing villages. Your own luxury accommodations will include private patios, tennis courts, an enormous swimming pool, and a vast lawn that fronts the beach. There are two restaurants — a quaint Spanish-style gourmet restaurant and a much-larger poolside café — to cater to your culinary needs. Drive into the nearby mountains for some authentic Spanish cuisine and the attractions of Andalusia. Visit the famed “rock of Gibraltar” and its native monkeys. Or take in the must-see resort of Marbella, with mega-yachts and high-end boutiques. You can even take a ferry across the Strait of Gibraltar to see Morocco.
Conditions: Valid from March 19, 2016 to March 19, 2017
Donors: Kyle and Jessica Greenman
Live Lot #3 | SOLD
Home Run: A San Francisco Giants Out-of-the-Park Experience
AT&T Park Luxury Seats, Dinner with Nomar Garciaparra and
Mia Hamm, Baseball Clinic with Champions
- San Francisco Giants tickets for four to a 2016 season game
- AT&T Baseball Park, Parking Lot A pass
- Dinner for ten at downtown Napa's gorgeous Ackerman Heritage House, prepared by
James Beard Award-winning Master Chef Charlie Palmer, with six-time All-Star MLB legend
Nomar Garciaparra and Olympic soccer star Mia Hamm
- Batting practice clinic for ten children with Nomar Garciaparra and Michael Garciaparra
Batter up! Your home-run experience kicks off in San Francisco with no-hassle, preferred parking and four luxury seats for a 2016 Giants season game at AT&T Park, featuring great views of all the action and full access to the Field Club Lounge, including wait-staff service for gourmet food and beverages.
Back in Napa, you and nine guests will enjoy an out-of-the-park dinner experience with all-star Major League legend Nomar Garciaparra and his wife, FIFA World Cup Champion soccer star and US Olympian Mia Hamm, at Ackerman Heritage House — an exquisite Victorian lovingly restored by Blue Oak School alumni parent Lauren Ackerman. Savor every bite as celebrated master chef and hospitality entrepreneur Charlie Palmer — winner of the coveted James Beard Award and well known for his signature Progressive American Cuisine — prepares an exquisite meal expertly paired with wines from Ackerman Family Vineyards, Lloyd Cellars, and Renteria Family Wines.
The family affair continues in Napa as future stars emerge in an exclusive batting clinic for ten children with Nomar and his brother, professional scout Michael Garciaparra. Clinic equipment will be provided.
Conditions: Game day to be mutually agreed-upon with box owner for SF Giants’ 2016 season. Dinner for ten adults and batting practice for ten children to be scheduled on mutually agreeable dates during November or December 2016.
Donors: Nomar Garciaparra and Mia Hamm, Chris and Nicole Roth, Lauren Ackerman, Ackerman Heritage House, Ackerman Family Vineyards, Rob and Bonnie Lloyd, Lloyd Cellars, Charlie Palmer, Charlie Palmer Restaurant Group,
Rob and Bonnie Lloyd, Oscar and Denise Renteria, Renteria Family Vineyards, Todd and Diana Zapolski
Live Auction Lot #4 | SOLD
- Harlan Estate, 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon, Oakville, 3L
- Shafer Vineyards, 2006 Hillside Select Cabernet Sauvignon, Stag’s Leap, 3L
- Aubert Wines, Larry Hyde & Sons Vineyards, 2013 Chardonnay Carneros, 3L
Donors: Harlan Estate, Shafer Vineyards, Mark and Teresa Aubert
Live Lot #5 | SOLD
Sun, Sand, and Sea
Luxury Beachfront Villa In Phuket, Thailand
- Romantic seven-night island escape for six guests in a beachfront villa — Angsana Resort Villa, in Phuket, Thailand
- Resort includes 600 acres of parkland with direct access to Bang Tao Beach and Andaman Sea
- Valid from March 19, 2016 to March 19, 2017
Enjoy a luxurious beachfront villa at the Angsana Laguna Phuket luxury resort In Phuket, Thailand. This spectacular villa, set on the northwest shores of Phuket’s Bang Tao Bay, is part of Asia’s first integrated resort in Laguna Phuket. With 600 acres of parkland, the resort and villa offer endless activities to bring out the passionate adventurer. Enjoy an active vacation with friends or a exotic family getaway. You’ll have direct access to Bang Tao Beach and the warm waters of the Andaman Sea. Watch sunlight glint off of sparkling lagoons, stroll along pristine beaches of warm white sand lapped by cool waves, or float along in the free-form pool, which meanders around the property. Enjoy the splendor of local culture in nearby Cherngtalay, a village with excellent dining, bars, pubs, souvenir shops, spas, and horseback-riding along the beach. If you’re lucky, you might even meet some baby elephants!
Conditions: Package is valid March 19, 2016 to March 19, 2017. Blackout dates are Christmas and Chinese New Year.
Donors: Chris and Hilary Wendel
Live Lot #6 — Buy a Spot | $4,000) | SOLD
History in a Glass
1982 Bordeaux vs. 1978 Napa
- Napa vs. France wine-tasting for 15 at the Napa Valley Reserve
- Wines from proprietors’ personal collections
- Hosted by Andrea Immer Robinson, nationally famed Master Sommelier and TV personality,
and Jae Chun of Dana Estates
- Bites prepared by Napa’s superstar chef, Sean O’Toole of TORC restaurant
- 15 Spots @ $4,000 each
- Valid from March 19, 2016 to March 19, 2017
Wine aficionados love to recall the famed Paris Tasting of 1976, where the impossible occurred: In a blind tasting, Napa Valley wines ranked higher than iconic wines from France! This single event put Napa Valley on the world’s radar and changed the course of wine history. For 15 people, the chance to re-live a Napa vs. France throw-down awaits, this time with one of the best vintages from each region — 1982 for Bordeaux and 1978 for Napa. Best of all, each bottle from Napa comes directly from the winery or proprietor’s personal collection, so each is guaranteed pristine provenance. Have your taste buds rested and ready for this extravagant tasting at the gorgeous Napa Valley Reserve, led by Andrea Immer Robinson, the nationally famed Master Sommelier and TV show host, and Jae Chun of Dana Estates. Between glorious sips, you’ll feast on bites prepared by Napa’s superstar chef, Sean O’Toole of TORC restaurant.
The wines from 1982 Bordeaux:
- Chateau Lafite Rothschild
- Chateau Latour
- Chateau Margaux
- Chateau Mouton Rothschild
- Chateau Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande
- Chateau Cos D’Estournel
The wines from 1978 Napa:
- Joseph Phelps Backus Vineyard
- Heitz Cellars Martha’s Vineyard
- BV (Beaulieu Vineyard) Georges de Latour Private Reserve
- Mondavi Winery Private Reserve
- Diamond Creek Volcanic Hill
- Grace Family Caymus Vineyard (the only bottle left from the very first vintage!)
Conditions: Package is valid March 18, 2016-March 18, 2017, with a date to be coordinated by lot sponsor Jae Chun.
Donors: Jae Chun and Jennie Lee, Penny Mallen, Napa Valley Reserve, Andrea Immer Robinson,
Chef Sean O’Toole, Phil Ross, Dick Grace, Bill Phelps, Martha May, Beaulieu Vineyard, Oscar Renteria
Live Lot #7 | SOLD
Magic in the City of Angels
Private Members Only Magic Castle Experience in Los Angeles
- Two guests for an evening at the Magic Castle in Los Angeles
- Three-night stay at the Andaz Hotel in West Hollywood
- $200 dining certificate from South Beverly Grill
You and a guest will join club members Judd and Holly Finkelstein for a visit to the Magic Castle to experience an unbelievable evening! This is the private clubhouse of the Academy of Magical Arts, which allows entrance only to members and their guests, or through courtesy invitations to visiting magicians around the world. Expect amazing magic shows and full-stage illusions that will stun the entire room. Experience the critically acclaimed dining room, which features magical views of Hollywood, and unique bars for whatever mood you’re in. Enjoy a three-night stay at the Andaz Hotel in West Hollywood — a luxurious boutique hotel with locally inspired cuisine. Then enjoy dinner or lunch in the heart of Beverly Hills at the sleek South Beverly Grill.
Conditions: Date to be mutually agreed upon with the Finkelsteins—Magic Castle members—and Magic Castle’s schedule of events.
Donors: Judd and Holly Finkelstein, Matt Schiefferly and Shannon O’Shaughnessy, Tim and Karen Kelly
Live Lot #8 | SOLD
Ride and Dine with National Champion Cyclist
Cycle and Feast Among the Vines with Andrew Talansky
- Cycling for six with top American cyclist Andrew Talansky
- Pre-ride warm-up at Velo Vino
- 40- to 60-mile ride through the Napa Valley with follow-car and well-stocked rest stops
- A farm-to-table dinner for 12 under the stars with Jeff Cerciello, the award-winning chef of Farmshop,
at the Schiefferly-O’Shaughnessy residence in Napa Valley
- Dinner paired with wines by O’Shaughnessy Estate Winery
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to climb mountains or race at 40 mph on your bike? You and five friends can spend the day with professional cyclist Andrew Talansky of Team Cannondale-Garmin and find out. Your day will start with a pre-ride warm-up at Velo Vino, followed by a 40- to 60-mile ride through the Napa Valley with a follow-car and well-stocked rest stops. After the ride, you’ll be treated to dinner for 12 with BOS parent, Jeff Cerciello, the award-winning chef of Farmshop. Jeff will treat you to a farm-to-table feast under the stars with great wines provided by O’Shaughnessy Estate at the Schiefferly-O’Shaughnessy residence.
Conditions: Date to be agreed upon for fall 2016.
Donors: Andrew Talansky, Matt Schiefferly and Shannon O’Shaughnessy, Jeff Cerciello, O’Shaughnessy Estate Winery
Live Auction Lot #9 | SOLD
Behind the Scene in Paris, France
Oh là là at the Louvre and Musée des Arts Decoratifs
- Behind-the-scenes tour for two at the Louvre Antiquities Department or the conservation
area with viewing of active restoration
- Private tour for two at Musée des Arts Decoratifs
- Champagne lunch for two at Le Café Marly
- Two adult 2-day museum passes for 60 sites in Paris
- $1,750 American Express gift card to use for choice-of-hotel stay in Paris
Francophiles take note: You can experience private, behind-the-scenes tours at the Louvre and Musée des Arts Décoratifs — an insider’s glimpse into a little-seen side of Paris, France. Join Collection Specialist Sylvie Bourrat at the Musée des Arts Décoratifs for a private tour that begins with the stunning Vever Collection, which features 700 pieces of 19th-century jewelry. Next, explore the world of style and the largest fashion and textile exhibition featuring the greatest names in fashion, including Paul Poiret, Popy Moreni, Madeleine Vionnet, Christian Lacroix, Christian Dior, and Yves Saint Laurent. Next, stroll down the Rue de Rivoli and through the grand arches of the Place du Carrousel where you will enjoy a Champagne luncheon on the terrace of Le Café Marly. After lunch, you’ll be greeted at the Louvre Pyramid by your next guides, the leading scholars and curators of Roman and Greek Antiquities of the Musée du Louvre. You’ll receive a rare, insider’s tour of the antiquities department, which may include a glimpse at the restoration of priceless pieces of the collection or even a walk through the underground labyrinth of Louvre storerooms known to locals as the "city beneath the city." Then enjoy two-day passes for two, granting you access to 60 other museums in the City of Light. You’ll be staying at a hotel of your choosing, courtesy of a $1,750 American Express gift card toward your accommodations.
Conditions: Dates to be mutually agreed upon for fall 2016.
Donors: Shannon O’Shaughnessy, Jennifer Hefner, The Louvre
Live Lot #10 | $1500 Per Family | 5 Spots Available
The Incredible Race
Experience Napa Valley
- Face family-team challenges as you race throughout Napa Valley
- Team breakfast at O’Shaughnessy Estate Winery
- Gourmet, outdoor pizza meal, drinks, and dessert by Elaine Bell Catering
- Instructions, clues, and technology-based management of team progress and status
- Final destination includes games of horseshoes, bocce ball, tennis, and swimming
- Winning team will receive a taco truck food party for 20 (valid one year from date of event)
- 15 family spots @ $1,500 each
- Date: Saturday, May 14, 2016
Prepare to have a day of family fun and adventure that will be remembered for years to come! Blue Oak School is proud to present its first-annual, competitive team racing event that will have you deciphering clues, testing physical endurance, and challenging creativity. Your family team will search for clues in behind-the-scenes locations throughout the Napa Valley. The day begins with breakfast at O’Shaughnessy Estate Winery, where teams will check in and receive their first clue to a secret destination. By the final destination — the beautiful Shady Oaks Drive property belonging to Ron and Penny Mallen — participants will join in games of horseshoes, bocce ball, tennis, and swimming. A great meal will be served from a festive food truck, complete with outdoor pizza ovens, drinks, and dessert. But the party doesn’t stop there! The first team to arrive to the final destination will win a food-truck party for up to twenty children.
Conditions: Event date is May 14, 2016 and $1,500 per family spot.
Donors: Ron and Penny Mallen, Oscar and Denise Renteria, Matt Schiefferly and Shannon O'Shaughnessy,
Elaine Bell Catering, P Tyrone Smith, Nick Cann
Live Auction Lot #11 | SOLD
Stay and Play at Private Golf Club
Club Life In Sonoma — Mayacama Golf
- Two-night stay for two in a one-bedroom casita at Mayacama Golf Club
- Two foursomes of golf on the Jack Nicklaus Signature Course
- Club amenities include spa, tennis, pools, hiking, bocce, culinary and wine programs
Are you ready to go “clubbing” in Sonoma? Mayacama is a rare and remarkable experience centered around a grand clubhouse and a championship Jack Nicklaus Signature Course ranked among the top 100 courses in the country. Begin your getaway in the Mediterranean-inspired clubhouse or enjoy the alfresco dining that overlooks the golf course.The exquisite casita residence is nestled into the lush oak-shaded landscape. A Vintner Member program that features 35 of the leading winemakers from Napa and Sonoma accentuates the entire experience.
Conditions: Stay is valid from March 26, 2016 to April 30, 2017 with blackout dates from May 1, 2016 to September 30, 2016. Golf valid on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays. Clubhouse and golf course are closed on Tuesdays. Housekeeping and caddie fees/gratuities to be paid by auction winner.
Donors: Frank Dominguez and Mayacama Golf Club
Live Lot #12 | SOLD
Cultural Experience in Cuba
Havana, Cuba “Off Limits”— Past and Present
- A ten-day trip for two from Miami to Santiago De Cuba, Baracoa, Havana, Cienfuegos, and Trinidad
- Includes accommodations, daily breakfast buffet, plus seven lunches and six dinners
- Cuban-English guide and trip manager for cross-cultural journey
- US People to People license to travel legally to Cuba
- In-country transportation per itinerary
- Air from Miami to Cuba included in package
Experience this “off limits” island during a unique period — before it’s fully open for American US tourism. Journey into the history and heart of Cuba’s extraordinary people, living and thriving at Cuba’s cultural crossroads. The winning bidder and a guest will travel beyond the typical tourist path for an intimate exchange with the people and places within different Cuban communities — an opportunity available to very few Americans.
Conditions: Valid from November 4, 2016 to November 14, 2016.
Package INCLUDES: INCLUDES: US People to People license to travel legally to Cuba, in-country transportation per itinerary, best available hotels in Havana (double occupancy), best available hotels outside Havana (double occupancy), full breakfast buffet daily at the hotel plus seven lunches and six dinners, Cuban English-speaking local guide, CCJF trip manager, guest speakers, all entrance fees on itinerary, preparation materials, tips for bellmen and included meals on itinerary, bottled water on the bus.
Package DOES NOT INCLUDE: DOES NOT INCLUDE: Meals not on the itinerary, three lunches and four dinners, alcoholic drinks, excursions not on the itinerary, tips for local guide and driver (optional, yet customary), travel cancellation and evacuation insurance (strongly recommended, information will be sent upon registration).
Donor: Cross Cultural Journeys
Live Lot #13 — Buy A Spot | $500 | SOLD
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
- English-style sporting clays experience, with instructions and shooting practice
- Guns, shells, safety equipment, targets, games, and prizes included
- Lunch by Chef John Gerber, paired with wines by O’Shaughnessy Estate Winery
- Cigars by Copper Cane
- 70 Spots @ $500 each
- Date: Saturday, April 30, 2016
This is an event not to be missed — ask anyone who was there last year! Test your skills at shooting clay pigeons while competing against fellow Blue Oak School parents for bragging rights and prizes. Never shot before? Professional instructors will be on hand for pointers on how to hit that target and handle the guns safely. The day will start with coffee, shooting lessons and practice, followed by an informal team competition and other shooting games. Then enjoy a well-earned feast by Chef John Gerber, paired with great wines from O’Shaughnessy Estate Winery. During the awards ceremony, cigars will be provided by Copper Cane Provisions. This is a great event for both seasoned shooters and beginners alike. Come try your shot!
Conditions: Event to be held on Saturday, April 30, 2016.
Donors: Copper Cane Provisions, Matt Schiefferly and Shannon O’Shaughnessy, O’Shaughnessy Estate Winery
Live Lot #14 | SOLD
Legendary Collectors' Magnums
- Amuse Bouche Winery, 2012 Merlot Cabernet Franc, East Rutherford, 1.5L
- Araujo Estate Wines, 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon, Eisele Vineyard, 1.5L
- Bryant Family Vineyard, 2000 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, 1.5L
- Colgin Cellars, 2005 "IX Estate" Red Wine, 1.5L
- Dana Estates, 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon, Helms Vineyard, 1.5L
- Mayacamas Vineyard, 2010 Mayacamas Cabernet Sauvignon, Mount Veeder, 1.5L
- Peter Michael Winery, 2006 Les Pavots Red Bordeaux Blend, 1.5L
- SLOAN Estate, 2008 SLOAN Proprietary Red, Rutherford, 1.5L
Acquire an instant wine cellar with one raise of your paddle! Eight magnums from a “who’s who” list of the most sought-after small production, almost impossible to acquire wines from Napa Valley and beyond!
Donors: Amuse Bouche Winery / John Schwartz, Araujo Estate Wines, Dana Estates / Jae Chun, Colgin Cellars, Mayacamas Vineyards, Peter Michael Winery, SLOAN Estate
Live Lot #15 | SOLD
Architectural Wine Tour
Discover the Hidden Gems of Napa Valley
with Howard Backen
- A personal tour for three couples hosted by legendary architect Howard Backen at the
following wineries: Promontory, Continuum, Marciano Estate and Dana Estates
- Dinner at Dana Estates prepared by renowned chef, Sean O’Toole of Napa’s TORC,
hosted by Jae Chun and Jennie Lee
- Dinner paired with Dana wines and other wines from their personal collection
- Two-night stay for six at the Crystal House, located in the Dana Estates Lotus Vineyard
- Local transportation included
- Valid from March 18, 2016 to March 18, 2017
Three lucky couples will learn first-hand how the designs behind four iconic Napa Valley wineries were conceptualized and transformed into reality, with a private tour led by Howard Backen himself, one of the most sought-after architects in the country! With Howard as your personal guide, you will tour four stunning properties in the Napa Valley, culminating with a lavish dinner at the Backen-designed Dana Estates winery. After touring the spectacular properties, guests will have time to relax and freshen up at Dana Estates’ luxurious Crystal House, their home for the next two nights. The Crystal House sits high atop Howell Mountain, with a bird’s-eye view of the estate’s 100-point Lotus Vineyard. The day with Howard culminates with a private dinner at Dana Estates, the stunning Rutherford property built among the ruins of a century-old winery. Proprietors Jae Chun and Jennie Lee will personally host you, and will open library vintages along with prized bottles from their personal collection. The lavish dinner will be prepared by Chef Sean O’Toole of Napa’s acclaimed restaurant TORC, featuring local ingredients and olive oil organically grown on the Dana Estates property.
Conditions: Package is valid March 19, 2016 to March 19, 2017, with a date to be coordinated by lot sponsor Jae Chun.
Donors: Jae Chun and Jennie Lee, Howard Backen, Dana Estates, Promontory, Continuum, Marciano Estate,
Sean O'Toole, TORC
Live Lot #16 | SOLD
Over the Top in Manhattan, New York
The Big Apple: Wine, Dine, Arts, and Entertainment
- Three-night stay for four in a private New York City penthouse apartment that
accommodates four adults, or two adults and two children
- Two tickets for the “Tonight Show” starring Jimmy Fallon on August 4, 2016
- Nanny childcare at penthouse for evening of the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
- Dinner for four at Playa Betty's
- Dinner for four at Cipriani Wall Street
- Dinner for four at Raoul’s
- Four tickets for StandUp NY
- Private tour for four at the Metropolitan Museum
- Worldly wine-tasting for four at Pierre Loti in Union Square
- Dates: August 4 to 7, 2016
Get ready to take a bite out of the Big Apple with your friends or family! Start with a fabulous stay at a private Manhattan penthouse apartment residence that includes a doorman, four bedrooms, 3.5 baths, an expansive 360-degree view of the city, a large private roof terrace with hot tub, outdoor kitchen and dining area in a fantastic neighborhood. Your penthouse comes with a nanny for the night when you head over to Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show. Enjoy a New York-style breakfast at Playa Betty’s and dinner over bustling Wall Street at Cipriani, as well as a bit of France at Raoul’s. Finally, plan on wine tasting at Pierre Loti in Union Square, where you can also try one of their signature cocktails or share a great bottle of wine. You’ll also enjoy a private tour for four at the Metropolitan Museum and tickets to StandUp NY.
Conditions: Trip is August 4 to 7, 2016 and Jimmy Fallon/Tonight Show tickets are for August 4, 2016 only.
Donor: Calhoun School, New York, NY
Live Lot #17 | SOLD
Your Private Island and Royal Villa In the Sun
Cook Islands Private Island Retreat at Villa Te Arau on Aitutaki Island
- Seven nights for two adults in a Royal Honeymoon poolside villa at Villa Te Arau
- Daily tropical breakfast
- Rental car for one day
- $100 voucher at Spa Polynesia Aitutaki
- His and her sarongs
- One bottle of fine wine
- Cook Islands Black Pearl
Legend has it that the color blue was invented here — and once you arrive, you’ll see why this legend was born. Imagine Aitutaki Lagoon and your own charming private island. The Royal Honeymoon Pool Villa at Te Arau is a stunning, totally secluded retreat fit for a king and queen. Fully enclosed in its own lush private garden, the tropical villa showcases polished island hardwoods and black pearl-shell, painstakingly worked by local craftsmen. Guests have access to the services of Spa Polynesia Aitutaki, Flying Boat Beach Bar & Grill, Bounty Brasserie, a personal wedding planner, tour desk, and gift shop. They can also enjoy complimentary snorkeling, fish-feeding, stand-up paddle-boarding, outrigger canoeing, windsurfing, cycling, and a range of cultural experiences including hura (hula) lessons at Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa.
Conditions: Valid from March 30, 2016 to March 31, 2017. Exclusion dates are December 21, 2016 to January 11, 2017. Subject to availability.
Donors: Kyle and Jessica Greenman
Live Lot #18 | SOLD
Luxury Villa in Baja California, Mexico
Esperanza, an Auberge Resort in Cabo San Lucas
- A three-bedroom villa for seven nights at Esperanza, an Auberge Resort in Cabo San Lucas
- Luxurious 3,200 sq-ft villa for family vacation, with three king bedrooms, three baths,
terrace, and lanai – all with ocean views
- Personal concierge, award-winning spa and fitness program, culinary destination, and amazing restaurants
Overlooking the Sea of Cortez, your villa will serve as a spectacular setting for three couples or a family, with spectacular ocean views. Esperanza — a luxury Auberge resort on the beaches of Cabo San Lucas — offers an incomparable natural setting on 17 lush acres. The resort is designed for guests seeking a private retreat with all the comforts of home and access to world-class dining and an award-winning spa and fitness program. Showcasing ingredients from local farmers and fishermen, resort dining will delight and surprise you. The stunning waters of the Baja California Peninsula provide a wonderful setting for activities such as snorkeling, sailing, and sport-fishing. Five championship-level golf courses are just minutes away, as are eclectic shopping, dining, and nightlife.
Conditions: Valid from May 1, 2016 to October 31, 2017. Winning bidder can provide three date-range choices; the final dates to be mutually agreed upon with owners. Accommodations are valid for seven days with check-in on Sunday afternoon and check-out the following Sunday morning.
Donors: Andy and Trisha Florsheim
Live Lot #19 — Buy a Spot | $2,500 | SOLD
Drive at Sonoma Raceway – Just Like the Pros!
Vroom! 24 Hours of LeMons Race Car and 2017 LeMons Race
- Four winning bidders will get the chance to drive Blue Oak School’s 24 Hours of LeMons race car, a fully equipped 1984 BMW 318i prepared for a live race at Sonoma Raceway, in the Spring of 2017
- Drivers will participate in one test/practice day on track, before the live race
- Drivers will drive in the “24 Hours of LeMons” two-day race at Sonoma Raceway
- An experienced race-car pit crew comprised of highly trained and race-ready BOS students from
the 2016 BOS LeMons Race Team will manage the car during the race
- Four spots @ $2,500 each
- All proceeds from this lot will go directly to funding the 2017 Blue Oak School LeMons Team Car
Are you the next Lewis Hamilton? Come race the 2016 record-setting Blue Oak School “24 Hours of LeMons” race car at the 2017 LeMons race. That’s right, we’re going to campaign the car built by Blue Oak School’s 7th and 8th graders this year and enter it in the 2017 LeMons Race alongside next year's entry! These cars are the result of extraordinary, project-based learning that incorporates math, science, engineering, technology and the arts. “24 Hours of LeMons” is an event where teams build inexpensive, but very safe, race cars and compete on the top road courses around the country. We are going to race at Sonoma Raceway in the spring of 2017 (exact date TBA) and four lucky bidders will learn what it takes to drive in an endurance race. The car will be a well-equipped 1984 BMW 318i and drivers will rotate behind the wheel in Iive racing. Can we beat the 2017 team? Sign up and find out! To prepare for the event, the team will have at least one test/practice day on the track and then two days of actual racing. No racing experience is necessary.
Conditions: Date of race to be announced for Spring 2017. Personal safety equipment to be supplied by the driver.
Donors: Matt Schiefferly and Shannon O'Shaughnessy, Rich and Leti Olivier, Frank Dominguez
Live Lot #20 | SOLD
Travel to South Africa For Safari
Luxury Safari in the Bush of Ezulwini, South Africa
- Seven-night luxury safari for two in Kruger National Park, South Africa
- Two nights at Maritime Bushveld Estates
- Five nights on an Ezulwini safari
Start your adventure in Johannesburg O.R., where you’ll be picked up and taken to the Maritime Bushveld Estates retreat — a unique nature reserve that combines indigenous ﬂora and wildlife with gracious charm. You’ll be treated to authentic African Braai (BBQ) and wines from local South African wineries, a continental breakfast each morning, and assistance in planning your day of adventure in Johannesburg. Next, get ready to travel to the luxurious Ezulwini Game Lodge in Kruger National Park, South Africa, where you’ll enjoy meals, house wines, and local beer. You’ll also enjoy two “big five” (lion, leopard, rhino, buffalo, and elephant) photo safari game drives per day with highly skilled game rangers and trackers. Relax between your drives with a cocktail poolside. Chances are, you’ll get a visit from a monkey or two by the pool!
Conditions: Valid from March 19, 2016 to June 19, 2017. Subject to availability.
Donors: Kyle and Jessica Greenman
Buy A Spot Lot #1503 | $25 Per Spot | 5 Spots Available
Lower School Pajama Party and Movie Night for Thirty
- Pajama party and movie night at Blue Oak Lower School
- Includes pizza, popcorn, and dessert
- Hosted by Lower School faculty
- Location: Blue Oak Lower School
- 30 spots @ $25 each
- Date: Friday, May 13, 2016, 6:00 - 9:00 pm
Who wouldn’t want to spend the evening in their PJs watching a movie surrounded by all their best buddies? Kids will enjoy pizza, popcorn, and dessert, while parents can go grab a quick bite or see a movie themselves. It’s a win-win for everyone, and a great opportunity for students to socialize after-hours.Three cheers for our amazing Lower School faculty!
Donors: Lower School faculty
Buy A Spot Lot #1504 | $25 Per Spot | 20 Spots Available
Occupy Middle School for Thirty
- Fun and games as middle schoolers take over the campus for the evening
- Includes dinner and dessert
- Hosted by Middle School faculty
- Location: Blue Oak Middle School
- 30 spots @ $25 each
- Date: Friday, May 13, 2016, 6:00 - 9:00 pm
Here’s a chance for your middle-schoolers to “occupy” BOS, and our loyal Middle School faculty will keep them well occupied with activities and games. Meanwhile, parents can enjoy a date night out or just a few hours away from the kids. Dinner and dessert is included.
Donor: Middle School faculty